Wednesday, November 30, 2011

butter London 'Aston'

Hello Ladies!

So, I was thinking what color I wanted to wear next and I immediately thought of butter London's 'Aston'. I don't think this color gets enough credit. Yeah, it's not a "fun" color but there's nothing like it! I'd describe it as a 'neutral muted brownish medium toned mauve'. It so happens my Mom's an artist (possesses a B.F.A.) and I asked her opinion on this fascinated color. I'll say it changes depending on the lighting, it can be very brownish or it can be more mauve. Either way it's a unique color. It also has an amazing silver shimmer which makes it more interesting. 

Probably one of the biggest turn offs about this polish is that it was a bit gloppy. Now, I'm personally a big fan of thick polishes but this dries fast and gets gloppy very easily around the opening of the bottle. Mind you... this is my ONLY complaint. :o) You can find butter London polishes at ULTA in-stores and online for $14.00. Of course, there are other shops that carry their products and the butter London website carries all of their products!

I took all the photos outside with no bright sun, so the lighting isn't intense but you can get a true read of this color. 

butter London 'Aston' in natural light
butter London 'Aston' in natural light
butter London 'Aston' in natural light
butter London 'Aston' in natural light
Close-up of butter London 'Aston' in natural light
butter London in natural more shaded light
butter London 'Aston' in natural light (a different perspective & background)
What this polish reminds me of... terra cotta tile (in my kitchen)
 What do you guys think of this color? Is it something you would wear? 


Cheers,
Bridget

2 comments:

Kate said...

This is stunning...I LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

I own this and adore it :D it's a wonderful "neutral" to own.

Post a Comment

I read every single comment and appreciate every one very much. If you ever have any questions, contact me via twitter @bmwmchick or on IG @bmwmchick. Thank you for reading and taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment! ♥